Michigan Embezzlement Defense Lawyer
Embezzlement involves theft in the context of a position of trust. It typically occurs in the workplace. In addition to a criminal record and potential imprisonment, a defendant convicted of embezzlement faces a litany of other consequences, including job loss and the stain on one’s reputation.
The Law Office of Julian J. Poota, PLLC in Southfield is equipped to aggressively defend you against embezzlement charges throughout metro Detroit and the state of Michigan. Our comprehensive approach to representation includes dissecting the prosecution’s evidence and crafting a creative defense theory. We negotiate with the prosecutor and argue for dismissals, reductions, and diversionary sentences. If a courtroom battle becomes necessary, we are prepared to zealously represent you.
Depending on the amount of the alleged embezzlement, an embezzlement charge in Michigan can be a misdemeanor or felony and can vary from up to 93 days incarceration to 20 years in prison:
- Embezzlement less than $200: a misdemeanor carrying up to 93 days jail
- Embezzlement $200 or more but less than $1000: a misdemeanor carrying up to one year in jail
- Embezzlement $1000.00 or more but less than $20,000.00: a felony carrying up to five years in prison
- Embezzlement $20,000.00 or more but less than $50,000.00: a felony carrying up to ten years in prison
- Embezzlement $50,000.00 or more but less than $100,000: a felony carrying up to fifteen years in prison
- Embezzlement $100,000.00 or more: a felony carrying up to twenty years in prison
Aggressive, Skilled Representation
The Law Office of Julian J. Poota, PLLC in Southfield fights embezzlement accusations from beginning to end, both inside and outside the courtroom. We try to work out the best possible outcome for your legal situation.
Contact us at (888) 399-7979 to schedule a free consultation.