Guardianship & Conservatorship
Call (888) 399-7979 - 24/7 Free Consultation
Michigan Guardianship & Conservatorship Lawyer
Free Consultation 1-888-399-7979 Call Today
Probate courts handle guardianships and conservatorships. If a familiy member or close friend is unable to care for themselves or their property, you can establish a conservatorship or guardianship to ensure the person is properly cared for and his or her property is handled competently.
A guardian has the responsibility to
- Determine where the individual lives
- Make provision for his or her care and comfort, including food, clothing and shelter
- Obtain services to achieve the best possible state of well-being
- Return the individual to self-management, if and when possible
- Authorize or refuse medical treatment
- Take care of clothing, furniture, vehicles, and other belongings
A conservator is a person or financial institution appointed by the probate court to handle an individual’s property and financial affairs. Sometimes the same person serves as both guardian and conservator.
Once appointed, a conservator takes title to and manages the individual’s assets. A conservatorship can be limited by the court in such way the individual continues to control part of his or her property.
Contact Us Today
Experienced Guardianship & Conservatorship Attorney
1-888-399-7979 Free Consultation